I really like pancakes but don’t care for traditional pancakes smothered with commercial pancake syrup so I am always trying something new. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t! I also don’t like throwing food away and so I store leftovers in the freezer or refrigerator and either heat them as they are or do something different with them.
I had some leftover sweet potatoes already steamed and was almost going to make some muffins with them but decided to put some in my pancakes. I tried this once before but the last time I tried them, I mixed the sweet potatoes into the batter and the pancakes turned out rubbery. What I tried this time was to drop little bits of the cooked sweet potato into the pancake that I just put in the fry pan and I thought they turned out great. I’ve made pancakes with all kinds of fruits before but this was the first time I put a cooked vegetable into a pancake.
- Paleo Pancakes (Tapioca-Banana Pancakes) (cavemanmodernwoman.wordpress.com)
- A Paleo Breakfast: 2-Ingredient Pancakes (ohsnapletseat.wordpress.com)
- Simple Banana Pancakes (westdeltagirl.wordpress.com)
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (meredithgersten.com)
- Oatmeal Pancakes (foursweetiepies.com)
- What’s for Breakfast? (westdeltagirl.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Pancakes (Vegan) (emmycooks.com)
- 3 Healthy Pancake Recipes to Start Your Week (news.health.com)
- Organic Wholegrain Spelt Pancakes (lartichaud.wordpress.com)
- Tasty Tuesday: Sweet Potato Pancakes (ahappylass.wordpress.com)