This blog is about cooking and eating and everything in between! Sometimes there will not be traditional recipes that have specific amounts of each ingredient as in the use of leftovers. I highly recommend buying organic products and shopping at farmer’s markets or joining a farmer’s program that delivers fresh organically grown vegetables – support your local organic farm.
Mostly I’ll gear my recipes to the person who lives alone and loves to eat well but doesn’t want to have a lot of leftovers and quick easy dishes for the person just learning how to cook.
I’ve been revising some of my old recipes (not online) containing meat fish or dairy products to be vegan so it’s taken me a while to try and test them. I realized after becoming vegetarian that I missed some of the flavors in stews and soups so I’ve been experimenting with creating some of them without the meat (see my recipe for Lemony Asparagus Potatoes among others already on the blog).
Cooking is a survival skill everyone should have. You don’t have to be great at it, you just have to please yourself as long as you are attentive to what you eat so you stay healthy. Lately, it seems what you eat may have a big impact on the environment – especially eating fish, meat and GMO foods. Keep in mind that one person can make a difference – you can join the rest of us who are the one person who are making a difference.
There are so many more humans now than there were at the beginning of the 20th Century that all those bad food habits we developed can not be sustained on earth. Growing with fertilizers that are based on petroleum or meat that was rejected by USDA food inspectors OR using chemicals made from petroleum as insecticides OR growing and eating GMO foods only continues to limit plant and animal bio-diversity and pollutes this earth! We should not be eating food grown this way.
- 3 Ways Buying Organic Helps the Planet (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)
- Organic Vegetable Gardening is The Way to Go (socyberty.com)
- How to avoid GM foods when grocery shopping (naturalremediesblog.net)
- Converting to organic farming (anatolenetwork.wordpress.com)
- Organic Farm Expert Now Teaches Organic Food Growing at Home Online (prweb.com)
- Conscious Consumerism: Think About the Turkey This Thanksgiving (hsus.typepad.com)
- Organic farming; (hys28gysyraftm.wordpress.com)
- Kathy Freston: Why Do Vegetarians Live Longer? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Defending Yourself as a Vegetarian (smalltownrevelations.wordpress.com)